The Meridian Public School School Foundation offers scholarships to current Meridian High School Seniors and Meridian High School Alumni. Please read the following information and instructions. The application links are below.
MERIDIAN HIGH SCHOOL SENIOR SCHOLARSHIPS:
Please use this application to apply for a Meridian Public School Foundation Scholarship. There are four parts to this application.
- Fill out this application online. Print a hard copy.
- Obtain two letters of recommendation. One letter must be from a Meridian High School teacher or administrator. The second letter must be from a member of the community. Attach these letters to your application.
- Print out a copy of your current student grade report from Skyward and attach to your application.
- Deliver your application, letters of recommendation and your grade report in a packet to the MHS Scholarship Coordinator who will attach your student transcript and Counselor form.
Deadline to submit your application is April 24, 2017.
MERIDIAN ALUMNI SCHOLARSHIPS:
Deadline to complete the application is: APRIL 24, 2017
Click here to complete the online MPSF ALUMNI Scholarship Application:
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL SCHOLARSHIP APPLICANTS
IN ORDER FOR THE RECIPIENT TO HAVE THE SCHOLARSHIP FUNDS SENT TO THE INSTITUTION THE RECIPIENT MUST PROVIDE A PACKET OF THE FOLLOWING TO THE MPSF NO LATER THAN AUGUST 1, 2017:
- An Official Certificate from the Registrars Office indicating the recipient is currently registered as a full time student. *Important: this is not a printed class schedule. This is an Official Certificate of Enrollment or Letter that must be acquired from the Registrars Office.
- Single typed page that lists:
- Recipient’s full name
- College ID#
- College’s financial aid/scholarship department information for where scholarship funds are to be sent
- Student permanent address, phone number and email
- A Thank you letter to the Meridian Public School Foundation
- ALUMNI: in addition please have your OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT sent to the MPSF no later than August 1st, 2017
Once awarded a MPSF Scholarship, recipients must:
- be continuously enrolled, in good standing, in a degree or certification program at any four-year, bachelor-degree-granting college or university, or any community college or state- supported technical college in the United States. Private trade schools or schools outside the United States may be considered at the discretion of the Board
- be enrolled in a minimum of 12 quarter credits or 10 semester credits.
- email a progress report (unofficial copy of grade report) each quarter/semester to Paul Kratzig, MPSF Board Chairman email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- be willing to periodically share their educational career experience with future graduates in Meridian School District as mutually arranged
- notify the Foundation at any time during the school year of any changes to their schooling or if they are no longer attending school.