The Meridian Public School School Foundation offers scholarships to current Meridian High School Seniors and Meridian High School Alumni. Please read the following information and instructions. The application links are below.
MERIDIAN HIGH SCHOOL SENIOR SCHOLARSHIPS:
Please use this application to apply for a Meridian Public School Foundation Scholarship. There are several parts to this application. Make sure to allow adequate time for the people to complete your letters of recommendation and for the counselors to complete their form so that you can meet your deadline of May 7, 2021. This is your responsibility.
1. Fill out this application online. Save a .pdf copy to a folder in your Google Drive entitled “MPSF application – applicant’s name”.
2. Request that your MHS Counselor fill out and submit the COUNSELOR RATING FORM directly to the Scholarship Coordinator for you.
3. Obtain two letters of recommendation. One letter must be from a Meridian High School teacher or administrator. The second letter must be from a member of the community. Save .pdf copies of these letters to your Google Drive folder “MPSF application – applicant’s name”.
4. Please request your student transcript from Parchment (the digital credential service) and save a .pdf copy to your Google Drive folder “MPSF application – applicant’s name”.
5. Submit by email your folder “MPSF application – applicant’s name” to the MHS Scholarship Coordinator by sharing the link to it. Remember the deadline for completed applications is May 7, 2021. The MHS Scholarship Coordinator will compile your folder with the Counselor Rating Form you requested from your student counselor. Please remember that only completed applications are reviewed by the scholarship committee. Don’t delay.
The deadline for your completed application is May 7, 2021.
MERIDIAN ALUMNI SCHOLARSHIPS:
Deadline to complete the application is: May 7, 2021
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL SCHOLARSHIP APPLICANTS
IN ORDER FOR THE RECIPIENT TO HAVE THE SCHOLARSHIP FUNDS SENT TO THE INSTITUTION THE RECIPIENT MUST PROVIDE A PACKET OF THE FOLLOWING TO THE MPSF NO LATER THAN AUGUST 1, 2021:
An Official Certificate from the Registrars Office indicating the recipient is currently registered as a full time student for the upcoming academic year. *Important: this is not a printed class schedule. This is an Official Certificate of Enrollment or Letter that must be acquired from the Registrars Office.
A student transcript of your grades including spring of the current year.
A thank you letter to the Meridian Public School Foundation.
A Single typed page that lists:
- Recipient’s full name, mailing address, phone number and email
- Your student id# at the college
- College’s financial aid/scholarship department mailing address for payments.
ALUMNI, please provide all of the above to the MPSF no later than August 1, 2021. Contact the foundation in advance if any delays.
Once awarded a MPSF Scholarship, recipients must:
- be continuously enrolled, in good standing, in a degree or certification program at any four-year, bachelor-degree-granting college or university, or any community college or state- supported technical college in the United States. Private trade schools or schools outside the United States may be considered at the discretion of the Board
- be enrolled in a minimum of 12 quarter credits or 10 semester credits.
- email a progress report (unofficial copy of grade report) each quarter/semester to Paul Kratzig, MPSF Board Chairman email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- be willing to periodically share their educational career experience with future graduates in Meridian School District as mutually arranged
- notify the Foundation at any time during the school year of any changes to their schooling or if they are no longer attending school.